This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Licence.
RSS is an excellent tool for keeping track of the changing information on the internet. While I have no use for it at the moment, I could see using it for gathering information on a long term project or keeping track of what is happening in a particular field of interest. I see it as most useful for someone who is in a position like Gail’s where keeping track of information from many sources is paramount. In a library, it could be useful for keeping track of information such as the latest booklists. The time saving aspect of RSS is a very attractive feature. I avoid belonging to many groups on the net because of all the time wasted going to multiple sites and signing in only to find that there is nothing new or getting bogged down trying to figure out where the new information starts. RSS eliminates these time wasters and makes joining groups on the internet more attractive.
No comments:
Post a Comment